01 May 2010

A wet weekend in Dublin

My penis is stiffening as I go through the city. Beautiful women are now all over the place. I start the day at an event in Bushy Park (near Terenure) and it's a mini world cup in aid of the Africa Centre. Arriving, the park is not particularly busy however I soon see plenty of people playing football, and well too. Earlier this morning I had pains in my chest and therefore decided not to get involved in playing. Nervously I approached Eric Yao one of the organisers. Eric had kindly invited me along and he was most accomodating when I cried off from the sporting activity.

Plenty of people of all races were present in Bushy and I have to say some were looking really, really good on the ball. How Ireland is not further up the FIFA rankings I don't know. Or maybe I am judging by my own crap standard. DJ Nigel Wood was playing some cool African music and, despite some very heavy rain, food was being prepared.

When I enquired as to the fish on the gridle it was revealed to be Sea Bass. The chef also explained his tolerance for fish and I'd nearly say he could be in advertising. Not being a mad fish fan, my attitude was starting to change. Apparently this type of sea food has very few bones, thus improving its selling points.

However, the rain was now pouring down heavily and my patience running out. Did I want to languish in the saturating conditions? The answer was in the negative and I quickly hopped on a number 15 back to the city centre.

*************************************

Of course the sad and unbelievable news, from yesterday,was the death of top Irish broadcaster Gerry Ryan. He was only 53 and in truth, despite being considerably overweight, he really shouldn't have gone this soon. I've drafted a tribute to him and, unless I succomb too,it should be posted next week sometime.

In the meantime go and get some shelter, it's bloody wet out there - and this is the start of the summer!

No comments:

Irish Blog Directory